13 July 2009

Poetic Interludes: Doggerel or Dependency Dirges


We be.


I will not be caught again so easily

A million light years from my home

Crushed by your mendaciousness

I am happy enough to fly alone


Back, back, I retrace my tracks

Lessons learned and learned again

I break up my own divisions

Yet, I am not so much a broken man




Silly words for silly poems

Too esoteric for the rest

Uneven rhythms chaotic rhymes

Only punctuate the mess


But time is cruel and she is pretty

And when stars again we be

I will shine out all the brighter

Next to the dimness of your screed




Hope will howl.


Midnight: and there is no howling.


Loosed among the violent tendrils of my obscure cognitions,

they, these bright fears,

are like heated vapor in my hand,

or sometimes gum at the bottom of my soul.


Pinched, I wait.


Hope, in all of its redundant solitude, will come soon—rushing.

It will clamor.

But will it bellow, or will it roar?

No. It will howl: hope will howl.


Midnight: I await the howling.


Song for R.H.


There is no more us or we to doubt.

There are no more hating things to shout

There is no more afterglow left glowing.

There is only little me, knowing.

All of those little things you used to bring

Seem far less precious, now, to me

All of those scars are now just skin

Covered over with my own sin


Yea, begone those sorrows of yesterdays

Chose to lash them all away

Like a cancer I have bled through

Fractured cycles in my rear view



And I congratulate your lying

And I congratulate your drugs

And I congratulate your scheming

And I congratulate your mom

Do you they make you think you won?


Allow this carnage you have wrote

To erase your need for retort

Yea, let it stand as it should stand

Such just summation of your brand


No.


There is no you left here to find

There is no you to steal my time

There are no tears for you left showing

There is only me and my knowing.









All words and artwork by Robert Sandy except "Family in Black and White" by Melbourne Beebe. All rights are reserved by Robert Sandy and no part of the above words or artworks may be reprinted, used, or otherwise borrowed without express written consent from Robert Sandy.

1 comment:

  1. "But time is cruel, and she is pretty
    And when stars again we be."

    Gorgeous. That line alone makes you a poet sir!

    Great artwork as well!

    ReplyDelete